Categories
News

Woman poisons, strangles and shares photos of her 4 children’s corpses in family Whatsapp group

A 42-year-old woman has been arrested by the police in Naivasha, Kenya for reportedly killing her 4 children  (three girls and one boy) who are between the ages of 2 and 8 years. 

Advertisements

The mother of 6 identified as Beatrice Mwende Kimotho, allegedly locked her children in the house before giving them poison at Kabati Estate.

Advertisements

K2TV reported that the police said they received a distress call from Jackson Kimani Kimotho, the woman’s brother saying that she had asked him to check on the children who she had killed at her house. He further revealed that his sister shared pictures of the children in a family WhatsApp group after killing them, asking for prayers.

Upon entering the two-bedroom house, the police found the bodies of the four children on their beds with traces of vomit and blood in their mouth. 

Naivasha Sub County Police Commander Samuel Waweru confirmed the incident, adding that the suspect is in lawful police custody. He said; 

“The accused first told her friend that her children were admitted to the Naivasha Sub-County hospital with chest pains before confessing a few hours later that she had strangled them.”

A police officer involved in the investigations added;

“She (the suspect) took turns to strangle the four and slept in the same house until today (Saturday) morning when she walked away from the house. 

“We are at the very initial stages of the probe and at this point, we cannot divulge much details.”

The Naivasha Sub County Police Commander said they are continuing with the investigations to establish the motive of the killing of the minors.

Categories
News

Suspected cultists allegedly abduct 20 year old girl in Bauchi; tell her father they only need her virginity and not his money

Advertisements

Suspected cultists have abducted Patience Emmanuel, a 20-year-old Pharmacology student at the Bauchi State University, and informed her father that all they need is her “virginity” and not his money.

Advertisements

Narrating his ordeal to newsmen, Mr. Emmanuel Kushi, who is a civil servant, said his daughter whom he described as a well-behaved girl, left his younger brother’s house in Rafin Zurfi in the state on Wednesday, June 24, with the intention of coming to pick up something from his home.  However, she never got to his place and has remained unreachable since then.

Advertisements

“On Wednesday, June 24, around 2pm, she left my younger brother’s house in Rafin Zurfi and told him she was coming to my house at Kafin Tafawa, which is a distance of about four kilometers, to pick something and he gave her permission to come.

By evening my younger brother’s wife kept calling her mobile to know if she had arrived but there was no response. They thought she was already in my house working.

Later on, they tried again but the number was switched off. The next day (Thursday) around 1pm, my younger brother’s wife called me and asked why I delayed Patience and didn’t let her come back. She asked if there was any problem.

I told her that I didn’t see Patience because she had not come to my house. She expressed shock about what I told her and said she would call her friend to confirm.”Kushi said

Speaking further, Mr Kushi said he sent a text to his daughter’s phone and the reply he got was shocking

‘Do you think you will ever see her again? Fool.’” the reply he got read

Mr Kushi said he went to his farm and when he returned, he saw a text message sent to him by his daughter’s abductors that read ‘‘“Father, your daughter is with us (BLACK AXE CONFRETANITY . We don’t need your money what we need is her virginity. Don’t bother looking for her.”

The distraught father said he was still trying to comprehend the message in the text when the abductors used his daughter’s phone to send him another text claiming she was dead.

”At exactly 10.25am, they sent me another text message and said ‘she is dead’. We’ve been trying to call her but her number has been switched off. One thing I know is that my daughter is not dead. I believe she will return alive.” Mr Kushi said

Mr Kushi said he and his family have resorted to prayers, believing that she will return home soon and in good health.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, DSP Ahmed Wakil, said the police are currently investigating the incident.

Categories
Music

Exploit release new single

Exploit is making ways in the music industry as he drops his new single.

Download

Categories
News

Properties worth millions of Naira destroyed as fire razes 11 shops in Lagos (photos/videos)

Advertisements

Some traders are currently counting their losses after a fire outbreak razed 11 shops on 401 road in Gowon Estate in Lagos State in the early hours of today June 27.

Advertisements

Men of the state fire service were on hand to help put out the fire, although several properties worth millions of Naira were destroyed in the inferno.

Advertisements

The cause of the fire outbreak is being investigated.

Properties worth millions of Naira destroyed as fire razes 11 shops in Lagos (photos/videos)
Properties worth millions of Naira destroyed as fire razes 11 shops in Lagos (photos/videos)
Properties worth millions of Naira destroyed as fire razes 11 shops in Lagos (photos/videos)
Properties worth millions of Naira destroyed as fire razes 11 shops in Lagos (photos/videos)

Watch videos from the incident below.

Categories
Celebrity Entertainment Foreign

“The Simpsons” will no longer have white actors voice characters of colour

The Simpsons will no longer use white actors to voice ethnic minority characters, the producers of the long-running animated series announced Friday, June 26.

Advertisements

“Moving forward, THE SIMPSONS will no longer have white actors voice non-white characters,” Fox Studios said in a statement to AFP.

Advertisements

The series, launched in 1989, has a number of coloured characters that are voiced by white actors. 

Advertisements

The recurring character Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, a grocer of Indian origin, is voiced in the American version of the show by white actor Hank Azaria. The character has long been seen as problematic and conveying racist stereotypes. Last January Azaria announced that, in agreement with producers, he was abandoning the role.

Advertisements

The change will also affect the character of Dr Hibbert, a black character voiced by the white actor Harry Shearer who also lends his voice to many other characters on the series — from Homer Simpson’s boss Mr Burns to the chirpy neighbour Ned Flanders.

This announcement came as Mike Henry, the white actor who voices the black character of Cleveland Brown in Family Guy, another animated series produced by Fox, announced on Twitter and Instagram that he was giving up the role.

Categories
Coronavirus News

Lagos state government threatens to impose new lockdown over increasing COVID-19 cases

The Lagos state government has warned that it could issue another lockdown as Coronavirus cases in the state continue to escalate.

Advertisements

Lagos state, Nigeria’s commercial capital has recorded over 9,741 cases with 1,475 recovered and 126 deaths and the Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof Akin Abayomi, has revealed that the local government areas with the highest number of cases were Eti-Osa, Alimosho, Kosofe, Ikeja, Oshodi, Surulere and Lagos Mainland.

Advertisements

Speaking to journalists at a media briefing,  Prof Akin Abayomi, said the government would not hesitate to impose another lockdown if the COVID-19 cases continue to sky rocket.


“We believe we are managing a delicate balance between the public health crisis and the economic livelihood of Lagosians. If things are getting out of hand, we will certainly consider another lockdown,” he said.

Advertisements

“We are in the middle of the outbreak and we have not even peaked yet, and so the cases are still rising. We still expect to see a lot more cases in the next one month or two. I would use this platform to remind Lagosians that we have not yet peaked and Lagos is still going through the active community transmission of COVID-19.


“I think what may be giving you a false sense of security or confidence is that we say most people have mild to moderate disease. While that may be so, between three and five per cent of Lagosians that catch this infection have an extremely severe to critical form of COVID-19 and the risk of dying in that percentage is extremely high.

Advertisements

“Two to five per cent may seem like a small percentage, but even one per cent of 25 million people is a lot of Lagosians. We are not prepared to lose 250,000 Lagosians and we certainly will not even like to contemplate that number.

Advertisements


“So I appeal to Lagosians, particularly people who we believe are in the vulnerable category; anybody over the age of 50 or 55 with underlying medical conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity or any other medical condition that interferes with their immune system, they are extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.

“And the young people may be going out there with mild to moderate disease but they certainly go home in the evening and expose their parents and grandparents to the vulnerabilities.

“So I appeal to Lagosians, keep practising the social distancing measures and I hope these practices will help to flatten the curve and protect certain vulnerable members of the community.”

Categories
News

I’ll teach my son of your love and family values – Khloe Kardashian’s BFF, Malika Haqq pens down tribute to Ajimobi

Advertisements

Malika Haqq, Khloe Kardashian’s BFF has penned down a tribute to former Governor of Oyo state, Abiola Ajimobi. 

Advertisements

Malika who is friends with one of Ajimobi’s daughters Abisola, shared some of her photos with the late politician she described as an “amazing spirit”. She went on to say she will teach her son of Ajimobi’s love, kindness and family values.

Advertisements

She wrote; 

My heart is broken. This earth has lost one of the most amazing spirits I have ever known. I will miss you forever. Thank you for loving me as one of your own. You are a leader in every way. I will teach my son of your love, kindness and family values. To my Ajimobi family, your angel has taken his rightful place IJN. I love you God daddy. Rest In Peace

I
Categories
Government News

Uproar as FAAN increases passengers’ service charge by 100 percent

Advertisements

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has concluded plans to increase Passenger Service Charge (PSC) by 100 percent.

Advertisements

The new charge, effective from August 1, requires passengers to pay N2,000 as PSC, instead of the former N1000 for domestic flights.

Advertisements

As for international passengers, they will have to pay $100 as opposed to the previous $50.

Advertisements

Managing Director of FAAN Capt Rabiu Yadudu made this known in a letter to all airlines dated June 22, 2020.

Advertisements

In the letter titled “Implementation of the approved new passenger service charge (PSC) effective August 1, 2020” with reference Ref: FAAN/HQ/MD/18E/VOL.86/72, it was stated that the decision was premised on approval by the Minister of Aviation in a letter referenced FMT/FMA/COM/T/69 dated August 3rd, 2017, which he said was sought with the intention to improve and upgrade airports infrastructure among others.

Advertisements

Yadudu explained that  FAAN recently notified the Minister of Aviation of its intention to commence implementation, stressing on several occasions they had engaged the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and relevant stakeholders which delayed the implementation from 2017 to date.

The FAAN boss disclosed the cap on the value of the PSC is simply outdated.

According to Yadudu, the last review of PSC on domestic route from N350 to N1000 and from $35 to $50 on the international route was on May 1, 2011, and March 21, 2011, respectively. He added that the last review of the PSC was outdated.

He stated: “This does not correlate with the prevailing economic situation and the index to meet the needs of today and future growth in passenger traffic by FAAN and airport development, most especially for the airport upgrade to post COVID-19 standards.

“You will also wish to recall that Bi-Courtney Aviation Services, operators of the MM2 has for years been charging N2,500 as its PSC. Despite the operating PSC, some airlines recently moved operations from the General Aviation Terminal (GAT) handled by FAAN to the MMA2 because of the inability of FAAN to expand GAT.

“This increase will therefore afford FAAN the needed funds to upgrade our facilities to accommodate new airlines including the anticipated national carrier.”

Categories
Celebrity Entertainment Foreign News

Zodwa Wabantu puts her pub*c hair on display as she shows her acrobatic skills with impressive handstand (Photos)

Advertisements

South African dancer, Zodwa Wabantu took to Instagram to put her pub*c hair on display as she showed her acrobatic skills with an impressive handstand.

Advertisements

In another photo, she posted, Zodwa showcased her bare bum for the camera while working out. 

Advertisements

The South African socialite is popularly known for dancing without her underwear at events. 

Advertisements

See full photos below. 

Zodwa Wabantu?puts her pub*c hair on display as she shows her acrobatic skills with impressive handstand (Photos)
Zodwa Wabantu?puts her pub*c hair on display as she shows her acrobatic skills with impressive handstand (Photos)
Categories
Foreign News

16-year-old TikTok star Siya Kakkar commits suicide in Delhi, India

TikTok artist and dancer, Siya Kakkar has left her fans devastated after committing suicide at the age of just 16. 

Advertisements

The fast-growing Indian star killed herself today at her residence in Preet Vihar, New Delhi. 

Advertisements

The news of her death was confirmed by her manager Arjun Sarin, who managed all her work and endorsements

Advertisements

Arjun said, “This must be due to something personal…work-wise she was doing well. I had a word with her last night for a new project and she sounded normal. Me and my company Fame Experts manage lots of artists and Siya was a bright talent. I am heading to her home in Preet Vihar.”

16-year-old TikTok star Siya Kakkar commits suicide in Delhi, India

Photographer Viral Bhayani also wrote in an Instagram post, “Sad news 16-year-old sweet tik-toker @siya_kakkar died by suicide . Before publishing this I spoke to her Talent management agency head Arjun Sarin who just spoke to her last night for a song collaboration and he says she was in a good mood and perfectly alright.

Even he has no clue what went wrong that she had to go this way. You go through her videos and you can she was so good in her content, it’s really sad that she chose this path. If you are feeling depressed please don’t do this (sic).”